Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2006

These events seem to have happened a lifetime, not a year ago. I couldn't resist posting this little remembrance of last Thanksgiving weekend in Maastricht. It is very cool that Blogger now lets us post movies directly without first uploading through YOUTube. In the present, we're still digesting this past weekend's leftovers. Martijn made a nice feast for his mother and Marcel last night, then we treated them to the documentary, 'Rittenhouse Square' narrated and directed by Robert Downey, Sr. (yes, junior's real life dad!) that Bob Ingram kindly sent us. It was nice showing off a treasured part of my fair hometown to my in-laws. Watching the dvd I realized how much I hope that Martijn and I can both travel together again. I especially would like to spend some time with him back on my beloved east coast. Today Martijn walked a mile. We had to go to the medical supply store to learn how to apply his 'sexy' new toe to thigh compression hose to tackle the lymph edema issue. The walk was great - nice crisp autumn weather and he didn't have a problem. Getting that tight stocking on, now that's a different issue. Hope all our American friends had a fulfilling (all puns intended) Turkey Holiday. Signing off - gobble gobble.

No comments: