Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Calling All Angels 2

Yesterday I stayed in my pyjamas all day and began applying myself for a return to meaningful, fulfilling work. I reestablished contact with ongoing clients, updated my materials, even applied for a position here in the Netherlands. It is time. I am willing and somewhat able, the ‘somewhat’ referring to making sure that my work allows close proximity to Martijn.

Martijn was busy mending. He’s learning how to handle the colostomy (stoma) bag, and still fighting the home care nursing system here, the Groen Kruis (Green Cross), that has not provided nurses trained to handle the lymph fluid drain. Carol Malkinson gave Martijn a book he's enjoying entitled, “Bag Lady” that chronicles the valiant recovery and subsequent conquering of life with a colostomy.

Dinner Party at dik and Carmen’s, St. Paul, MN, 2005: Scott, Carmen, Tom, Anne, Monica, John, Theresa, Martijn, Claudia, dik, Tessa, me squatting.


Barbara Lukermann, Seward Café, Minneapolis, MN 2005










Brunch at Claudia’s, River Road, Seward Neighborhood, Minneapolis, MN, 2006: Standing: Martijn, Michal, Michael, Rich; Seated top: Tim, David, Claudia, Brant; Seated bottom: Suzanne, me, Diane










Leslie and Me, Spiral Dynamics Certification Workshop, Santa Barbara, California, 2006










Martijn, me and Lorcan, Dublin, Ireland, 2005

No comments: