Monday, November 12, 2007

Brothers

Noel and Martijn, at home, Maastricht, Monday, November 12, 2007

Baby bro', Noel, who at almost 45 is ten years younger than big bro' Martijn, came a'callin' today. See the resemblance? Noel always knows exactly what little treats to bring along. This time it was rich, dense chocolate bon bons that looked astoundingly like, well...breasts, and a jar of capers. The brothers shared a lot of laughs and good conversation and Noel helped me out by pumping up the front tire on my bike.

Earlier Martijn continued his own pumping up, beginning to increase his physicality with new routines under the guidance of his physical therapist, Ineke while I got my own ‘practical’ workout by lifting buckets of steaming hot water during a deep and fundamental cleaning of the house. I also ramped up my job and consulting hunting and began re-working my own personal career plan. Dr. Davy Meyers made his weekly call from the States and later in the week I hope to continue using David as a sounding board on career matters. An invitation from my good buddy, Birgit and her partner, Mary for a real Limburg style dinner out this weekend with Ursula as my ‘date’ gave me a feeling that little by little some normalcy is returning to our routines.

Tomorrow Martijn will host one of his dearest and oldest friends, fellow philosopher Wijnand van Lieshout, while I enjoy dinner and a movie with Casey. Looking forward to that. Signing off now, Suze

No comments: