Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Not tinsel and lights

This is young David Zagajšek, seated in a cafe in his home of Ljubljana, Slovenia in October 2006. Daivd, who is the son of my dear friend Irena, included the following poem with our holiday greeting. I don't know if it's original, but it is lovely and sums up the truth of this special day: 
Christmas is not in tinsel and lights and outward show; the secret lies in an inner glow. It's lighting fire inside the heart; good will and joy a vital part. It's higher thought and greater plan; it's glorious dream in the soul of man.


Here I am with mama Irena at her seaside home in Piran, Solvenia the same year.

To all of our friends we wish you higher thought and a glorious dream. And, that we awake one day to discover that peace has broken out all over the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suze - I would love to use the poem. Please let me know, if you can, who should get the credit. Adorable, wise, young David or another?? I just loved it.
Thanks for sharing,
Anne