Friday, January 15, 2010

Green Card!

Mother-in-Law Geri, Marcel and I at Dutch Immigration seconds after receiving my permanent resident card. Martijn would have been so pleased.

We all agreed that Martijn is smiling upon and with us on this big event.

Today Geri and Marcel took me to the city of Eindhoven, an hour north of Maastricht, where the officials of Dutch immigration (IND) handed me my official permanent residency permit. Still a U.S. citizen, but now I can come and go from my second home, the Netherlands, freely and have full permission to work. As you can see I was very happy and so lucky that my family decided to come along for this big event. Tonight I sorely missed not having my dear 'frog' to wrap his arms around me, but truthfully his love is shining all around and deep within.

No comments: